Public Information Concerning Title VI
of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended
TriCounty Link is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of its services on the basis of race, color or national origin, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended.
Toward this end, it is TriCounty Link’s objective to:
- Ensure that the level and quality of transportation service is provided without regard to race, color, or national origin;
- Identify and address, as appropriate, disproportionately high and adverse human health and environmental effects, including social and economic effects of programs and activities on minority populations and low-income populations;
- Promote the full and fair participation of all affected populations in transportation decision making;
- Prevent the denial, reduction, or delay in benefits related to programs and activities that benefit minority populations or low-income populations;
- Ensure meaningful access to programs and activities by persons with limited English proficiency.
The Executive Director, senior management and all supervisors and employees share the responsibility for carrying out TriCounty Link’s commitment to Title VI. The Title VI Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the program and receives and investigates Title VI complaints that come through the complaint procedures process.
For additional information on TriCounty Link’s non-discrimination obligations, please write to: Title VI Coordinator, TriCounty Link, 305 Heatley Street, Moncks Corner, SC 29461
TriCounty Link is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in the conduct of business, including its Title VI responsibilities and to the delivery of equitable and accessible transportation services. Any person who believes that he or she has been subjected to discrimination under Title VI on the basis of race, color or national origin may file a Title VI complaint with TriCounty Link within 180 days from the date of the alleged discrimination. There are several ways to file a complaint:
Complaints may be filed with TriCounty Link in writing and may be addressed to Titlle VI Coordinator, TriCounty Link, 305 Heatley Street, Moncks Corner, SC 29461. A copy of the Title VI Complaint Form can be downloaded here. We encourage use of the Title VI Complaint Form.
TriCounty Link will provide appropriate assistance to complainants who are limited in their ability to communicate in English.